GATCARS (We, us, our, as applicable) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- the Time Safe Travel mobile application software (App) that we make available via certain third party distribution platforms selected by us (App Store), once you have downloaded a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
- Any use of the services of the private hire fleet (such as booking a vehicle)
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is GATCARS.COM.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the App or Services Site, by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail) or by using our fleet services. This includes personal information and other information you provide when you register to use the Services Site, download or register the App, book a vehicle, make an in-App purchase, share data via an App’s social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with an App or the Services Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device’s phone number, age, username, password and other registration information.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information we collect about you and your Device. Each time you visit the Services Site or make a booking we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use and time zone setting;
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content and check ins;
- details of your use of the App or the Services Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Location information. We may also use GPS technology, WiFi, cell phone signals, iBeacons (which use Bluetooth) to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by amending the operating system settings on your Device. We also collect location information that you share with us using the App such as pick-up, drop-off or street addresses that you have bookmarked using the App.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use your information in the following ways:
- to provide you with the Services, including processing your booking requests with Service Providers, processing your payments for those bookings and providing you with customer support.
- to improve the Services we provide to you and the App for example by personalising the Services or making the booking process faster.
- to contact you and to provide information that you request from us, including service related messages (e.g. reminders and messages notifying you when your Private Hire vehicle has arrived).
- to display advertising or to send marketing directly to you in accordance with the law, including ensuring that content is presented as effectively as possible for you and creating reports to assist with future marketing;
- for our internal purposes, such as quality control, site performance, system administration and to evaluate use of the App and the Services Site, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to enable you to participate in any interactive features of the App and Services when you choose to do so.
We may monitor your use of the App and Services Site and record your email address and/or IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We collect non-personal aggregated statistics data about the App and Services Site and sales and traffic patterns. Just to be clear, this information does not identify users in any personal capacity and we do not use this information to build profiles on individual users: it just contains generalised information about the users of our services.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may disclose your information:
- to third party Service Providers that provide the transportation services you request using the App, including their contractors, so that they can perform those services. This information includes your precise location, name, telephone number and email address.
- to other third party Service Providers that provide certain features and functionality of the App, Services and Services Site, for example payment processing services, mapping and location services and booking platform service providers through which transportation Service Providers administer and manage their bookings.
We may also disclose your information to other third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if Time Safe Travel LTD or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- in order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of Time Safe Travel LTD, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE IS YOUR DATA STORED
The personal data that we collect from you as a data processor is stored inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) on ISO27001 accredited hosting services. As a data processor, all of the customer data uploaded to Zoom by you is stored inside the EEA on secure password encrypted servers. Should your personal data be processed by any of our GDPR-compliant Service Providers, in order to fulfil our services to you, that are based outside of the EEA – your data and the transfer is protected under the EU-US Privacy Shield framework.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We retain personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us or for as long as an account is active. We will only ever keep data as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our contractual agreements. We are also required by Glasgow City Council to keep a record of all journeys for a period of 12 months and this data may be made available to Glasgow City Council for inspection.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the contact information set out in the Contact Us section.
Our Services Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the applications and websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £20 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You may access, view and amend your account information by using the settings feature within the App.
Time Safe Travel may send a small file to Your computer when You visit the Website. This “cookie” will enable Time Safe Travel to track Your behaviour on the Website and to identify particular areas of interest so as to enhance Your future visits to the Website. The cookie will not enable Time Safe Travel to identify You and Time Safe Travel shall not use it otherwise than in relation to this Website. You can set Your computer browser to reject cookies but this may preclude use of certain parts of this Website. Time Safe Travel may disclose Your Personal Data if compelled to do so by law, or at the request of a law enforcement agency or governmental authority.
Our website saves the cookie heateorSsBrowserMsg in your browser to track which visitors have seen the popup notification and which haven’t. This cookie isn’t related to your personal data or your IP address.
We collect your public profile data only from your consent that you grant before initiating Social Login, from the social network used to login at our website. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, link to social profile avatar. This data is used to create your user profile at our website. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an email.